- 1. Description of professional master’s study program „Psychology”
| Title of the study program
||Professional master’s study program „Psychology”
||2 academic years (4 terms/semesters)
||Professional bachelor degree in psychology
||Master of psychology
- 2. License and accreditation
The professional master’s study program “Psychology” is licensed and accredited. After its successful completion, the graduates are granted the state recognized diploma.
- 3. Place of the study program implementation
The program is implemented in Riga
- 4. Language of instruction
The study program is implemented in three languages
According to the language of instruction master’s students are divided into corresponding streams.
- 5. Awarded degree and qualification
The professional master’s study program complies with the European qualification Level 7. The professional master’s degree in psychology and the qualification of psychologist grant access to doctoral studies in the universities of Latvia and other EU Member States, as well as allow working independently in various fields of activity related to psychology.
- 6. Special features of the study program content
The professional master’s study program has no equivalents in other Latvian universities. The goal of the program is to provide students with present day knowledge for professional career in psychology, to develop research skills necessary to carrying out a highly competent independent research, and to train practical skills and abilities necessary for professional performance in any sphere of psychology. The professional master’s study program “Psychology” provides theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of psychology and in various psychology related spheres of professional activity, as well as professional development and human resource management. Professional skills and abilities are developed in the following directions:
- applied psychology for professional activity;
- decision-making methods in management;
- career development, the psychology of human resource management,
- methods of psychological self-regulation;
- personnel adaptation and the issue of destruction in professional activity;
- risk factors in professional activity;
- scientific research project development and implementation;
- ethical aspects of the psychologist professional conduct;
- application of software programs to research in psychology.
The study program collaborates with different European Universities (Erasmus). Master’s students have opportunity to train and study in Estonia, Lithuania, Spain, Poland and other European countries.
The program provides opportunities for students to participate in the annual „International applied conference of young researchers and students”. The conference is held annually in December and welcomes participants from foreign universities as well. The research papers of conference participants are published in special issues of conference scientific materials.
Every year in October an event „Psychology Days” is organized in Latvia, in which students also actively participate.
The students have opportunities to listen to lectures, delivered by various foreign specialists.
In the study process, master’s students set experiments in the scientific laboratory, where experimental research methods are developed (Scientific supervisor: Dr. Psych., Prof. I.Plotka, Head of Psychology department, Director of Master study program).
Director of the master’s study program: Dr. Psych., Prof. Irina Plotka
- 7. Contact
Lomonosova 4, Room 201
Ph.: +371 67100204
Master’s study program “Psychology” administrative staff reception hours:
Tuesday: 14:00 – 16:00
Thursday: 16:00 – 18:00