Dear academic or administrative staff members! Dear short-term programmes and grants participants! Dear full-time and exchange students!
Due to the high number of confirmed COVID-19 cases and high spread of infection in Latvia, the Latvian government has declared to increase precautionary measures in public places from October 14 to December 31.
In order to fight the spread of COVID-19 from 14 October to 6 November:
- Face masks must be worn in public transport, shops, pharmacies, libraries, airports, post offices, bus and railway stations, petrol stations, ferry terminals, museums, exhibition halls, fairs, at the worship as well as during cultural events and visits to religious institutions except of events where a specific seat is reserved for each visitor. Please remember, that the using of a face mask does not substitute the distancing and disinfection requirements!
from 17 October to 31 December:
- No more than 30 people may be indoors and not more than 300 people may be outdoors during private parties. It is necessary to provide a fixed personal space, a distance of 2 meters for each guest if a private party is held in a public place, for example in a restaurant, bath, bar, club, etc. The party may be held until 24:00 only!
- In public eating-places, incl. bars may be no more than 4 persons per a table indoors. Public eating-places will be open from 6:00 to 17:00.
- No more than 500 persons may be indoors and up to 1,000 outdoors during different events. Only such events, during which each participant is provided with a personalized seating space, may be held inside the premises.
- One non-formal education group may conduct classes for up to 30 adults
from 26 October to 30 October:
- Studies for pupils in grades 7-12 will be conducted remotely