Cooperation with international students’ recruitment agents and agencies
The Baltic International Academy is one of the largest non-governmental higher educational institutions in the Baltic States with 28 years’ experience in teaching Foundation, College (1st Level of Higher Professional Education), Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD Degree Programmes which has seven branches in the largest cities of Latvia and is represented in all regions of Latvia.
The Academy implements 24 study programs in 9 fields of study at all levels of education from the College (1st Level of Higher Professional Education) Degree Programmes up to the PhD Degree Programmes.
Our main fields of study are: Economics, Finances & Accounting; Law Science; Translation & Interpretation; Management & Administration; Political Science; Hotel and Restaurant Services, Tourism and Recreation; Psychology; Social Welfare and Computer Design.
We collaborate with a range of international students’ recruitment agents, agencies and organisations worldwide. International students who want to study at the Baltic International Academy can apply directly using on-line application form or by sending the full set of necessary for application and visa processing documentation to our Admission Committee by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org as well as through one of our authorised international students’ recruitment agents, agencies and organisations. If you do see your contacts in the list of our authorised international students’ recruitment agents, agencies and organisations but have a signed agency agreement with the Academy and would like to be mentioned in the above-mentioned list – please, let us know by e-mail: email@example.com, we will check our information and place your contact details in this list, if everything is correct.
These agents, agencies and organisations can assist international applicants and students in the processing of application, in providing information about the Baltic International Academy and on studying at the Academy as well as on entering and living in Latvia. The Academy makes the payments to the agents, agencies and organisations for these services, so it cannot result in an increase of application or tuition fees from the agents, agencies and organisations.
Some of our authorised international students’ recruitment agents, agencies and organisations may provide additional services and practical arrangements to our international applicants and students such as assistance in documents submission for visa or temporary residence permit, flights, travel, accommodation, etc. The agencies can take additional payments for the additional services they provide, so we ask all our international applicants and students to check the agency’s/agent’s official website for this information.
All agents, agencies and organisations who represent the Baltic International Academy are required to meet the high level of performing during the application process, professionalism and confidentiality, are expected to provide an up-to-date information of the Academy’s offerings, internal documentation, entry requirements, visa processing and to be familiar with our facilities, aspects of living and studying in Latvia, as well as with other practical information that can be useful for our applicants and students.
We believe that our authorised agents, agencies and organisations are performing well in our international applicants and students support during the application process, but if you have any complains about the service or information provided to you by our authorised representatives in your home country, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and we will respond to you after all details clarification.
The Baltic International Academy works only with the authorised international students’ recruitment agents, agencies and organisations based on the signed agency agreements and issued authorised certificates. Please, check our list of the authorised agents.
If you are interested in cooperation with us and would like to become our authorised agent or agency please, write us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will forward to you a link to our agents/agencies application form for completion and submission.
The Baltic International Academy reserves the right to take the decision on selection and cooperation with the appropriate agent or agency.
Important changes in information on entering Latvia for our official agents and representatives, international full-time and exchange students!
Due to the amendments in the Regulations No. 360 “Epidemiological Safety Measures for the Containment of the Spread of COVID-19 Infection” adopted by the Cabinet of Ministers on 21 January 2021 international full-time and exchange students may obtain their visas in the Latvian Embassies, Diplomatic and Consular missions abroad, enter the Republic of Latvia and start their remote studies in 2021 Spring semester, if:
- they are not citizens of the countries with the high spread of COVID infection with internal restrictions on movements;
- the Latvian Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs has approved the decision on your receiving temporary residence permit;
- you have significant reasons for arrival in Latvia for the completion of a study programme, such as: time difference between countries, very poor or non-existent Internet connection that can be documented;
- if, 72 hours prior to boarding the vehicle of a carrier or prior to entering the Republic of Latvia, the person has been tested for COVID-19 and the test is negative. The test results shall be presented to the carrier prior to boarding the vehicle or, upon request, to the State Border Guard or the State Police in English, French, German, or Russian. If the test results are presented to the carrier prior to boarding the vehicle, they may also be in the official language of the State from which the person travels to the Republic of Latvia;
All our international full-time and exchange students belonging to this group must additionally to the above-mentioned:
- re-affirm the will to start studies in Latvia from 2021 Spring term remotely by email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. We request our agents to provide us such list of students, who are applying through them to expedite the processing of documents by the Academy;
- get acquainted with the Regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers No. 360 of 9 June 2020 “Epidemiological Safety Measures for the Containment of the Spread of COVID-19 Infection”;
- fill in, print out, confirm and sign by hand or e-signature the application and obligation to fulfil the requirements of the Latvian legislation, state regulations and rules, as well as internal regulations and rules of the Academy for preventing the spread of COVID-19 infection, including requirements for distancing, hygiene, health monitoring, quarantine and self-isolation;
- get permission to enter Latvia and start your studies in 2021 Spring term from the Academy. We will send you back the signed on our part documentation, necessary for successful visa processing, if you can enter the country and start your studies remotely in 2021 Spring term;
- obtain an official written certification on matriculation (for 2020 Winter intake applicants and exchange students) or an official certificate of status and certification of attendance and performance (for other international full-time students) from the Academy.
Please, do not forget to enclose the above-mentioned documentation to the relevant set of documents for obtaining a visa for your stay in Latvia at the Latvian Embassies, Diplomatic and Consular missions of countries where the spread of COVID-19, according to the official information of the Latvian Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, do not pose a significant threat to public health.
Latvian Embassies, Diplomatic and Consular missions abroad will start acceptance of student applications from February 1, 2021.
It is crucially important that all our international students attend all lectures, including orientation freshmen webinar, remotely in our Moodle system prior your visit to the Latvian Embassy, Diplomatic and Consular missions abroad or entry in the Republic of Latvia. You may need to confirm your attendance at the Latvian Embassy, Diplomatic and Consular missions abroad to obtain a visa (except of countries with very poor or non-existent Internet connection) or to enter the Republic of Latvia and continue your studies. Please, contact our Distance Learning Centre by email: email@example.com to receive information on how to join the Moodle system and support on it using.
Please, do not forget that we will start classes in 2021 Spring semester from February 8, 2021 for all study courses of our College, Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD Degree Programmes!
In case you are our international full-time or exchange students and would like to enter Latvia in 2021 Spring term remotely, as well as have such possibility – you must especially strictly comply with the requirements of 10-days self-isolation described into the Regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers No. 360 of 9 June 2020, internal regulations and rules of the Academy, as well as in this information material.
You may be fined individually up to 2000 euros and will be required to cover the fine received for your violation by the Academy up to 5000 euros, as well as your visa or temporary residence permit may be revoked, so you may be officially expelled or extradited from Latvia due to non-compliance with isolation and quarantine requirements based on the Law on the Management of the Spread of COVID-19 Infection and the Latvian regulations, as well as internal regulations and rules of the Academy or if you do not fulfil the obligation signed!
All international full-time students who cannot enter Latvia and start or resume their remote studies in 2021 Spring term in Latvia must send us their signed by hand application to continue their studies in a remote mode from the country in which they reside without entering Latvia to the following departments:
- International Department via email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Visa Department via email: email@example.com;
- Study Department by email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- your study programme’s director.
Please note that you must attend all classes that are held remotely from your country. If you do not attend classes in our Moodle environment and do not pass the exams, you may be expelled or left for a second term at the same study course!
Please, contact our Distance Learning Centre by email: email@example.com to receive information on how to join the Moodle system and support on it using, in case you have not done this before or face any problems with connection. You can also contact your Study programme director to receive additional clarification on your academic group’s complete or partial organisation of studies in a remote mode.