License and accreditation
The study program of higher professional education of 2nd level “Psychology” is licensed and accredited till the 18th of June 2019. Accreditation period has been extended till the 31st of December 2020 in accordance with the Amendment to the Law on Higher Education Institutions (the Amendment to the Law on Higher Education Institutions the Amendment to the Law on Higher Education Institutions, Article 48, p.1)
After the successful acquisition of the study program the graduates receive the state recognized diploma.
Obtained Degree and Qualification
Students who have successfully completed the study program are granted a professional bachelor’s degree and qualification of „Assistant Psychologist”, which corresponds to the State standard of professional higher education of 2nd level, the Profession standard of Assistant psychologist, and satisfies the required professional competencies.
The study program collaborates with different European Universities (Erasmus+). Students have opportunity to train and study in Estonia, Lithuania, Spain, Poland and other European countries.
After graduating student can continue studies and receive Master Degree in Latvia or abroad.
Special features of the study program content
- The study program is implemented by highly qualified teaching staff and professors.
- The study program comprises a number of courses arranged in modules: general education courses, basic theoretical and IT courses, specialized professional courses, Free Choice courses (C part), practice (1st, 2nd, 3rd practices, undergraduate practice).
- Every academic year students apply their theoretical knowledge in internships at different organization.
- students elaborate course papers and graduation paper under the supervision of scientific adviser using the base of scientific research laboratories: laboratory of experimental psychology and psychophysiology, laboratory of neurocognitive implicit processes.
- at the end of the study program they present and defend the.
- students participate in students international scientific conferences. The research papers of conference participants are published in special issues of conference scientific materials.
- Every year in October a special event „Days of Psychology” is organized and held in Latvia, in which the students are also active participants. Students have opportunity to develop their professional and personal skills there.
- BIA cooperates with departments of European universities which implement Psychology program.
Study courses of professional bachelor’s study program „Psychology”.
Courses of general education
- Theory of Scientific and Study Work
- Modern Technologies of Work with Information
- Basics of Commercial Activities
- Introduction to Law
- Civil protection and Environmental protection
- Professional Foreign Language
- Basic Directions of World`s Culture Development
Theoretical and Information Technology Courses
- General Psychology
- General Psychology (practicum)
- Biological Basics of Psyche
- History of Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Social Psychology (practicum)
- Neuropsychology (practicum)
- Experimental Psychology
- Experimental Psychology (practicum)
- Research Methodology in Psychology
- Personality Psychology
Professional Specialization Courses
- Introduction to Specialization
- Statistic Methods in Psychology
- Cognitive Psychology
- Health Psychology (Stress Management)
- Professional Ethics in Psychologist’s Work
- Computer Processing of Research Data
- Psychology of Communication
- Differential Psychology
- Introduction To Psychological Counseling
- Clinical Psychology
- Introduction to Legal Psychology
- Organizational Psychology
- Introduction to Psychiatry
- Introduction to Psychotherapy
- Family Psychology
Free Choice Courses (C Part)
Professional Diploma Paper
Knowledge and skills acquired during study give opportunity to work as Assistant Psychologist in various organizations, at schools, in social (crisis) centers, preschool institutions, sanatoriums
Programme Director prof. Irina Plotka
phone +371 67100204
Assistant Biruta Urbāne
phone +371 67100204
Lomonosova Str. 4, Room 322, Rīgā