Use the opportunities of the ERASMUS+ program
The Erasmus+ program enables students of the Baltic International Academy (BIA) to study under their program in more than 120 foreign universities in 24 EU countries. Agreements between universities are concluded under various training programs. Also, the student has the opportunity to practice in the organization of his choice within the European Union. In the diploma of graduation from BIA, a note is made that the student has completed training/studies in one of the foreign universities or organizations.
ERASMUS CHARTER FOR HIGHER EDUCATION
The procedure for submitting documents for students
Erasmus Mobility Regulations
Online language support for OLS
Erasmus+ implementation guidelines
Erasmus Standard University Charter
Erasmus Students Network
KA-1 activity «Mobility of persons in the field of education» – application, implementation conditions, scholarship rates
Terms of participation in the program
A student who has completed at least one year of studies can participate in the Erasmus+ program. The student chooses one of the partner universities in accordance with the program at BIA. The period, during which the student is studying at partner University, is counted the same as studies at BIA. The minimum period for studies is 3 months.
The student has the right to have traineeship starting from the first year of study. The minimum period for traineeships is 2 months.
Students who have completed the first year of bachelor’s degree (traineeships – from the first year), as well as master’s and doctoral students can apply for participation in Erasmus+ exchange programs.
Students must meet the following criteria:
- Average mark is at least 7;
- No academic or financial debts;
- Level of foreign language proficiency at least B1*
Application form for studies (students)
Application form for internships (students)
Learning Agreement Studies
Learning Agreement Traineeships
Learning Agreement studies guidelines
Learning agreement traineeships guidelines
**The exam for obtaining the ECL certificate at the BIA center for foreign languages and ECL certification is held twice a year – in December and in April. Specific dates are set by the BIA center of foreign languages.
Contacts: +371 29144948, firstname.lastname@example.org
Documents for acad./admin. staff
Application form for acad./admin. Staff
Working plan for teaching
Working plan for staff mobility
BIA has signed bilateral agreements on the Erasmus+ program with more than 120 universities across Europe. Students can choose and specify in the application several partner universities (in accordance with their program), and then choose one.
The cost of training and scholarships
Students do not pay tuition fees at a partner University. However, they must continue to pay for BIA tuition in accordance with their payment plan.
The number of scholarships is limited, so those students who meet the selection criteria will be able to participate in the program, but will cover their own daily expenses, if there will be a lot of students wishing to participate in Erasmus+ program.
EVAK (European health insurance card)
In Latvia, the following persons are eligible for EVAK:
- Latvian citizens;
- Students from Latvia with alien passports;
- citizens of the EU counties, who are in Latvia for work or as self-employed persons, as well as their family members;
- foreigners who have a permanent residence permit in Latvia;
- refugees and persons who have been granted alternative status.
Leading insurance companies:
After your return:
After completing the mobility period, students must submit the following documents to the Erasmus+ coordinator:
- * Confirmation of the end of the studies/internship period from the host University/organization with dates identical to those specified in the financial agreement, signed and stamped by the coordinator of the partner organization;
- Learning/Training agreement signed by three parties and stamped by universities/ organizations;
- * Transcript of Records* (only for those who went for studies) or the completed third part of the contract “After the Mobility” (only for those who went for practice).
Also, the student must pass the online OLS English test and complete the online “Mobility Report”.
* The subjects in the assessment statement must match the subjects in the training Agreement.
Lomonosova 4, room 107, phone number – 67100603
Erasmus + coordinator – Viktorija Petakak (email@example.com)
Assistant coordinator – Darja Stankovska (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tuesday: 14: 00 – 16: 00
Thursday: 15: 00 – 18: 00