Do not miss your chance to conduct a research work in Latvia at the Baltic International Academy!
The State Education Development Agency has announced the new stage of applications for the Latvian State Scholarship for research work and invites you to make your research in Latvia!
You can apply for the Latvian State Scholarship for research work if:
- you are a citizen of the country indicated in the list: https://viaa.gov.lv/eng/international_cooperation/scholarships_gov/latvian_scholarships/
- you are a member of foreign HEI’s or university’s academic staff
The amount of the Latvian scholarship for research work: – 30.00 EUR per day and max. 300.00 EUR for accommodation per month
Application period: February 1, 2021 – April 1, 2021
The Scholarship is awarded for a period of up to 5 months.
Researchers need to apply for the scholarship via the State Education Development Agency’s website to register in the system (Link: http://scholarships.viaa.gov.lv/en/login) and make a profile with a unique login and password.
The application is filled out only electronically and all necessary documents must be uploaded to the system. Incorrect, inaccurate, or incomplete applications, as well as applications that do not have all the necessary documents uploaded, are not considered!
Please, find the list of required documents to be collected and uploaded here: https://viaa.gov.lv/eng/scholarships_gov/latvian_scholarships/fellowship_for_research_2017/?tl_id=22801&tls_id=54781
All documents, in foreign languages other than English must be translated into Latvian or English and officially certified. Additionally, your Curriculum Vitae and Motivation Letter must be dated and signed.
The documents that may be required from the Academy and must be submitted for successful application:
- approved research plan (approx. 3 pages) with clear and transparent outcomes, taking into account real need to stay in Latvia;
- confirmation letter of the Academy regarding the opportunity to make the research in the direction chosen;
- confirmation letter from the Academy regarding the place of residence (if necessary)
- uploaded set of documents;
- plan of research;
- motivation for research conduction in Latvia;
- research outcomes.
Additional requirements and conditions:
- the scholarship holder must stay in Latvia for the entire period stipulated in the research plan;
- the scholarship cannot be awarded concurrently with other scholarships or grants;
- the scholarship will not cover travel expenses to Latvia and back to the country of origin;
- it is the responsibility of the scholarship holder to purchase insurance. These expenses are not covered by the scholarship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, CONSULTATIONS, ADVICE AND SUPPORT ON APPLYING FOR THE LATVIAN STATE SCHOLARSHIP FOR RESEARCH, PLEASE CONTACT:
Vice-rector for International Cooperation
Baltic International Academy
Address: 4, Lomonosova Str., room 402, Riga, Latvia, LV-1003
Telephone: +371 67100203
E- mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday – Friday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. (GMT + 03:00)
Tuesday: 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. (GMT + 03:00)
Thursday: 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. (GMT + 03:00)
International Cooperation Programme Unit
Telephone: + 371 67814331
Valsts izglītības attīstības aģentūra (VIAA, State Education Development Agency)
Vaļņu iela 1, Rīga LV-1050