Due to the amendments in the Regulations No. 360 “Epidemiological Safety Measures for the Containment of the Spread of COVID-19 Infection” adopted by the Cabinet of Ministers on 21 January 2021 international full-time and exchange students may obtain their visas in the Latvian Embassies, Diplomatic and Consular missions abroad, enter the Republic of Latvia and start their remote studies in 2021 Spring semester, if:
- they are not citizens of the countries with the high spread of COVID infection with internal restrictions on movements;
- the Latvian Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs has approved the decision on your receiving temporary residence permit;
- you have significant reasons for arrival in Latvia for the completion of a study programme, such as: time difference between countries, very poor or non-existent Internet connection that can be documented;
- if, 72 hours prior to boarding the vehicle of a carrier or prior to entering the Republic of Latvia, the person has been tested for COVID-19 and the test is negative. The test results shall be presented to the carrier prior to boarding the vehicle or, upon request, to the State Border Guard or the State Police in English, French, German, or Russian. If the test results are presented to the carrier prior to boarding the vehicle, they may also be in the official language of the State from which the person travels to the Republic of Latvia;
All our international full-time and exchange students belonging to this group must additionally to the above-mentioned:
- re-affirm the will to start studies in Latvia from 2021 Spring term remotely by email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. We request our agents to provide us such list of students, who are applying through them to expedite the processing of documents by the Academy;
- get acquainted with the Regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers No. 360 of 9 June 2020 “Epidemiological Safety Measures for the Containment of the Spread of COVID-19 Infection”;
- fill in, print out, confirm and sign by hand or e-signature the application and obligation to fulfil the requirements of the Latvian legislation, state regulations and rules, as well as internal regulations and rules of the Academy for preventing the spread of COVID-19 infection, including requirements for distancing, hygiene, health monitoring, quarantine and self-isolation;
- get permission to enter Latvia and start your studies in 2021 Spring term from the Academy. We will send you back the signed on our part documentation, necessary for successful visa processing, if you can enter the country and start your studies remotely in 2021 Spring term;
- obtain an official written certification on matriculation (for 2020 Winter intake applicants and exchange students) or an official certificate of status and certification of attendance and performance (for other international full-time students) from the Academy.
Please, do not forget to enclose the above-mentioned documentation to the relevant set of documents for obtaining a visa for your stay in Latvia at the Latvian Embassies, Diplomatic and Consular missions of countries where the spread of COVID-19, according to the official information of the Latvian Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, do not pose a significant threat to public health.
Latvian Embassies, Diplomatic and Consular missions abroad will start acceptance of student applications from February 1, 2021.
It is crucially important that all our international students attend all lectures, including orientation freshmen webinar, remotely in our Moodle system prior your visit to the Latvian Embassy, Diplomatic and Consular missions abroad or entry in the Republic of Latvia. You may need to confirm your attendance at the Latvian Embassy, Diplomatic and Consular missions abroad to obtain a visa (except of countries with very poor or non-existent Internet connection) or to enter the Republic of Latvia and continue your studies. Please, contact our Distance Learning Centre by email: email@example.com to receive information on how to join the Moodle system and support on it using.
Please, do not forget that we will start classes in 2021 Spring semester from February 8, 2021 for all study courses of our College, Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD Degree Programmes!
In case you are our international full-time or exchange students and would like to enter Latvia in 2021 Spring term remotely, as well as have such possibility – you must especially strictly comply with the requirements of 10-days self-isolation described into the Regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers No. 360 of 9 June 2020, internal regulations and rules of the Academy, as well as in this information material.
You may be fined individually up to 2000 euros and will be required to cover the fine received for your violation by the Academy up to 5000 euros, as well as your visa or temporary residence permit may be revoked, so you may be officially expelled or extradited from Latvia due to non-compliance with isolation and quarantine requirements based on the Law on the Management of the Spread of COVID-19 Infection and the Latvian regulations, as well as internal regulations and rules of the Academy or if you do not fulfil the obligation signed!
All international full-time students who cannot enter Latvia and start or resume their remote studies in 2021 Spring term in Latvia must send us their signed by hand application to continue their studies in a remote mode from the country in which they reside without entering Latvia to the following departments:
- International Department via email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Visa Department via email: email@example.com;
- Study Department by email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- your study programme’s director.
Please note that you must attend all classes that are held remotely from your country. If you do not attend classes in our Moodle environment and do not pass the exams, you may be expelled or left for a second term at the same study course!
Please, contact our Distance Learning Centre by email: email@example.com to receive information on how to join the Moodle system and support on it using, in case you have not done this before or face any problems with connection. You can also contact your Study programme director to receive additional clarification on your academic group’s complete or partial organisation of studies in a remote mode.