Innovation and Continuing Education in Destination Management
Project Reg. No.: 2020-1-CZ01-KA202-078343
Project funding: 22980 EUR
Total project funding: 183 408, 00 EUR
Project manager: Prof. Marina Gunare
Project dates: 01.11.2020. – 31.10.2022. (two years)
The project Innovation and Continuing Education in Destination Management (DEMINA) is co-financed by the European Union’s Erasmus+ programme and focuses on:
- innovation and continuing education in destination management;
- economy, efficiency and effectiveness of investment in tourism & destination development;
- upskilling managers and employees in the destination management and strategic development of tourism;
- the application of the European Tourism Learning Areas concept;
- strategic and process planning in tourism.
The project will implement two key outputs:
- Creation of a methodological publication European Model and Methodology for Destination Management and Audit;
- Creation of a training programmes for destination management staff and staff responsible for the development of tourism at the public level
All project outputs will be applicable in lifelong & vocational training of current and future tourism staff.
Project implementation partnership consists of seven professional organizations from six countries.
University of Hospitality Management in Prague – Czech Republic (www.vsh.cz)
Baltijas Starptautiskā Akadēmija – Latvia (www.bsa.edu.lv)
University of National and World Economy – Bulgaria (www.unwe.bg)
Local Development Agency Pins – Croatia (www.pins-skrad.hr)
Fundacja Uniwersytetu Ekonomicznego w Krakowie – Polsko (www.fundacjauek.krakow.pl)
Aydin Valiligi – Turkey (www.aydinabgov.tr)
Hospitality Training Institute – Czech Republic (www.hospitalitytraining.eu)