New call for applications for the Latvian state scholarships 2022/2023
The State Education Development Agency (Valsts izglītības attīstības aģentūra – VIAA) has announced the conditions for applying for the Latvian state scholarships for foreign students to , as well as the conditions for participation in summer schools at Latvian higher education institutions (HEIs) in 2022/2023.
Eligibility criteria for the Latvian state scholarship in 2022/2023
In 2022/2023, students who are citizens of the following countries may apply for a Latvian state scholarship for studies:
||The People`s Republic of China
||The United States of America
|Belgium (Federation Wallonia – Brussels)
The State Education Development Agency invites international students to apply for two types of the Latvian state scholarships in 2022/2023:
More information is available on the Agency’s homepage at the link: https://www.viaa.gov.lv/en/scholarships
Don’t miss your opportunity to apply for and receive the Latvian State Scholarship for studies for full-time international students in 2022/2023!
If you are our full-time international student at a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD level, you may apply for the Latvian State Scholarship for studies from 1 February 2022 to 1 April 2022!
The State Education Development Agency has announced a new stage of applications for the Latvian State Scholarship for studies!
You can apply for the Latvian State Scholarship for studies if:
The amount of the Latvian Scholarship for studies:
- 500 EUR per month for Bachelor`s and Master`s degree students;
- 700 EUR per month for PhD students.
Application period: February 1, 2021 – April 1, 2021
Two types of application:
Applications for Bachelor’s and 1st level professional higher education are accepted from students who have successfully completed at least an academic year at their home or Latvian HEI at the time of application.
Applications for Master’s and Doctoral studies are accepted from students upon admission to the Academy for Winter intake 2022/2023 after the conclusion of the study agreement or from students who are already enrolled at the Academy and have successfully completed their previous stage of study at the time of application.
The Scholarship is awarded for a period of:
- up to 10 months for Bachelor’s and Master’s studies;
- up to 11 months for PhD studies.
Applicants initially submit an application with a full set of prepared documents to the Academy’s international department: 4, Lomonosova Str., office 402, Riga, LV-1003 or by email: [email protected] for preliminary assessment and preparation of documentation to be provided by the Academy for submission to the State Education Development Agency, after which they need to submit an electronic application for the scholarship at the State Education Development Agency’s website, to register in the system (Link: https://www.viaa.gov.lv/en/studies) and make a profile with a unique login and password.
The application is filled out only electronically and all necessary documents must be uploaded to the system. Incorrect, inaccurate, or incomplete applications, as well as applications that do not have all the necessary documents uploaded, are not considered!
You will need to upload the following documents into the system when submitting your electronic application:
- Copy of a letter by the Academy;
- Curriculum Vitae (only CV Europass template:cedefop.europa.eu)
- Completed study plan form (Form template: https://www.viaa.gov.lv/en/studies)
- Letter of motivation
- Copy of the most recent HEI qualification or diploma supplement
- Letter of recommendation from an academic staff member of HEI signed within the last three months
- Copy of ID or passport
You can also find the list of required documents to be collected and uploaded here: https://www.viaa.gov.lv/en/studies
All documents in foreign languages other than English must be translated into Latvian or English and officially certified.
Documents you may need from the Academy and must be uploaded into the system for successful application:
- an academic transcript of records issued by the Academy’s Study department (if studies are not finished yet);
- a letter of recommendation from an academic staff dated not earlier than six months prior to the date of submission of the application;
- a confirmation letter from the Academy regarding the possibility to study in the chosen study programme, study period and the language of studies;
- a study work plan for planned duration of receiving a scholarship.
The Latvian State Scholarship for studies can be awarded not more than for two consecutive terms to a person!
If a student stays less than 15 days in Latvia, no scholarship is awarded!
You also need to know that:
- the Latvian State Scholarship can be used for covering of the tuition fee or for accommodation and meals.
- the amount of the scholarship is not high enough to cover all expenses in Latvia.
- the scholarship cannot be awarded concurrently with other scholarships.
- You should make your own arrangements for insurance coverage.
- Scholarships for applicants from one country may not exceed 10% from the total grant amount for study scholarships.
For additional information, consultations, advice and support on applying for the Latvian State Scholarship, please contact:
Vice-rector for International Cooperation
Baltic International Academy
Address: 4, Lomonosova Str., room 402, Riga, Latvia, LV-1003
Telephone: +371 67100203
E-mail: [email protected]
Monday – Friday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. (GMT + 03:00)
Tuesday: 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. (GMT + 03:00)
Thursday: 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. (GMT + 03:00)
State Education Development Agency
Address: 1, Valnu Str., Riga, Latvia, LV-1050
Telephone: + 371 67814331
E-mail: [email protected]