DO NOT MISS YOUR CHANCE TO RECEIVE THE LATVIAN STATE SCHOLARSHIP FOR STUDIES!
Tremendous opportunity for international full-time Bachelor’s, Master’s degree and PhD students to apply for the Latvian State Scholarship for studies until April 1, 2021!
The State Education Development Agency has announced the new stage of applications for the Latvian State Scholarship for studies!
You can apply for the Latvian State Scholarship if:
- you are a citizen of the country indicated in the list: https://viaa.gov.lv/eng/international_cooperation/scholarships_gov/latvian_scholarships/
- you apply for/are enrolled at the study programme with English language of instruction.
The amount of the Latvian scholarship for studies:
- 500 EUR per month for Bachelor`s and Master`s degree students;
- 670 EUR per month for PhD students.
Application period: February 1, 2021 – April 1, 2021
Two types of application:
- Applications for Bachelor`s and the 1st level of professional higher education studies will be accepted from students who have successfully completed at least one academic year of studies at the moment of application.
- Applications for Master’s and PhD studies will be accepted from applicants starting from 2020/2021 Winter intake, as well as from students who are already enrolled at the Academy.
The Scholarship is awarded for a period of:
- Up to 10 months for Bachelor`s and Master`s degree studies;
- Up to 11 months for PhD studies.
Applicants need to apply for the scholarship via the State Education Development Agency’s website, to register in the system (Link: http://scholarships.viaa.gov.lv/en/login) and make a profile with a unique login and password.
The application is filled out only electronically and all necessary documents must be uploaded to the system. Incorrect, inaccurate, or incomplete applications, as well as applications that do not have all the necessary documents uploaded, are not considered!
Please, find the list of required documents to be collected and uploaded here: https://viaa.gov.lv/eng/scholarships_gov/latvian_scholarships/scholarships_for_studies/?tl_id=22800&tls_id=54779
All documents in foreign languages other than English must be translated into Latvian or English and officially certified.
The documents you may be required from the Academy and must be submitted for successful application:
- transcript of records issued by the Academy’s Study department (if studies are not finished yet);
- two letters of recommendation of the academic staff dated not earlier than six months prior to the date of submission of the application;
- confirmation letter of the Academy regarding the possibility to study in the chosen study programme, study period and the language of studies;
- study or academic work plan for planned duration of receiving a scholarship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, CONSULTATIONS, ADVICE AND SUPPORT ON APPLYING FOR THE LATVIAN STATE SCHOLARSHIP, PLEASE CONTACT:
Vice-rector for International Cooperation
Baltic International Academy
Address: 4, Lomonosova Str., room 402, Riga, Latvia, LV-1003
Telephone: +371 67100203
Monday – Friday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. (GMT + 03:00)
Tuesday: 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. (GMT + 03:00)
Thursday: 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. (GMT + 03:00)
International Cooperation Programme Unit
Telephone: + 371 67814331
Valsts izglītības attīstības aģentūra (VIAA, State Education Development Agency)
Vaļņu iela 1, Rīga LV-1050