Large shopping centers start their work from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. without holidays.
Shopping centers or shopping malls usually consist of various shops, places of entertainment as cinemas and playgrounds as bowling and restaurants.
The most popular shopping centers are:
Spice – www.spice.lv
Stockmann – www.stockmann.lv
Galerija Centrs – www.galerijacentrs.lv
Mols – www.mols.lv
Riga Plaza – www.rigaplaza.lv
Galerija Riga – www.galerijariga.lv
Supermarkets offer various goods and groceries and usually work from 8 a.m. / 9 a.m. until 9 p.m./24-hour depending on their size without holidays.
In most of them you can order goods and products with home delivery.
The most popular supermarkets’ chains are:
Maxima (Lithuanian chain) – www.maxima.lv
Rimi (Norwegian chain) – www.rimi.lv
Riga Central Market offer not only the widest variety of healthy and high quality food products at affordable prices but also is included in the UNESCO World Heritage List from 1997 It is definitely a Must-See Place in Riga.
Riga Central Market consists of 5 pavilions:
- Fish Pavilion – we recommend you to try smoked fish;
- Vegetable Pavilion – we recommend you to try Latvian berries, fresh and lightly salted vegetables, honey and spices;
- Milk Pavilion – you can buy here freshly made Latvian cheese;
- Gastronomic Pavilion – is under reconstruction at the moment;
- Meat Pavilion – is a place for smoked and dried meat.
- From 7 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- Please note that pock is very popular in Latvia, that’s why before you buy meat products specify what they are made of!
Additional information is available by link:rct.lv
Food delivery services: