THE SYSTEM for promoting the scientific activity of academic staff, master students and doctoral students of the Baltic International Academy
According to the “Regulations on the organization of remuneration and types of teaching load for academic staff and visiting lecturers at the Baltic International Academy” (approved on 25.08.2016. at the meeting of the BIA Senate: protocol No. 127), the promotion of scientific activity includes:
1. Organization and сonducting of international conferences.
An international scientific conference is a conference with a minimum participation of representatives of 5 countries, including at least 3 representatives of the EU countries.
||Organization and сonducting of conferences
Organization and сonducting of international student conferences.
|No more than 3 persons / conferences
||20 acad. hours per event
||Supervising the work of a student participating in the conference.
||No more than 10 works
||2 acad. hours for 1 student
||Reviewing the work of a student participating in the conference.
||No more than 10 works
||0.3 akad. рours for the work of 1 student
2. Publication of scientific papers in the Web of Science, SCOPUS, and ERIH + databases.
||Limiting the number of publications for one university teacher
||Remuneration (payment) for one publication, gross
|Scientific article or conference proceedings in an international (peer-reviewed) edition.
||If the author officially represents BIA
Web of Science, SCOPUS
|Three publications per year. Not more.
EUR 250 (EUR 750 for 3 publications)
3. Writing, editing and reviewing scientific, educational and methodological materials from 2 to 5 acad. hours (it is taken into account when calculating the academic load of the teacher).
4. Stimulating the scientific activity of the BIA faculty also includes:
- the opportunity to use the resources of the Erasmus+ program to deliver lectures at European universities;
- BIA financial resources to pay for participation in international scientific conferences.
5.Stimulating the scientific activity of undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students of the BIA includes:
- undergraduates and doctoral students of BIA are provided with benefits for payment for participation in BIA scientific conferences;
- undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students are covered by the financial resources of the Erasmus+ program to improve their scientific training at European universities and establish scientific communication with scientists from foreign countries.